Sunday 14 June 2009

TOTW24: Lionel Richie - Forever

A very strange selection for TOTW today.

There's logic behind it though - I've been listening to very little music this week. The exception was driving back to work on the Monday morning, when I was able to listen to Lionel Richie performing live on Radio 2.

How sad can you get, Lionel Richie.

However, as he performed All Night Long I was playing steering wheel bongos and singing out loud all the way along the M6 motorway. It's addictive. Thankfully, it's more than just me that thinks he's not all that bad to listen to - see also Akon who popped in to perform Just Go with the legend.

From the same album, Forever is a thoroughly enjoyable RnB song. So much so, that my flat mates did not recognise as it being by Lionel Rich Tea - which bodes well. It's entirely harmless, as well written as you'd expect from someone who's written so many memorable tunes, and distinctive.

Doesn't increase my "cred" by any means - but it's still worth it. No official video I'm afraid, but this'll do:

Technorati Tags:

No comments: