Sunday 29 November 2009

TOTW48: Mumford & Sons – Winter Winds

The song that’s actually going round my head, the song that I actually want to make TOTW is one I heard a couple of times on one night out, and one that it one of the greatest soft-rock songs ever (possible even better than Kip Winger).

Unfortunately, I don’t really think that I can make Journey a highlight from the cutting edge of music, so instead here’s the latest from the band making folk-style music cool again.

It’s a cracking simple tune, with close-knit harmonies, wide instrumentation, and once again shows broad talents. It probably is better than Journey in any event.

Bubbling Under

Basement Jaxx – My turn

Ellie Goulding – Under the sheets

Doves – House of Mirrors

Pixie Lott – Cry me out

Take That – Hold up a light

No comments: