Saturday 16 May 2009

TOTW20: Gary Go - Open Arms

All being well, I'm having another weekend away at the time this appears. So, whilst there's a decent number of shortlisted songs, I'm writing this on Friday night whilst trying to organise my camping gear, so there's no talking about any of them...

Daniel Merriweather - Red - May 18th

The Killers - The World we live in - May 18th

Empire of the Sun - We are the people - June 1st

Pet Shop boys - Did you see me coming? -June 1st

The Joy Formidable - Whirring - May 25th

TOTW though is this very familiar sounding record from Gary Go. Open Arms is that drum beating indie-pop that's pretty popular at the minute, and sounds like many other songs that are around nowadays. But, it's a cracking feel-good song, with a decent tune, and a coda to vary things a wee bit. At the end of the day, it's enjoyable - which is all I'm after.

No comments: