Wednesday 25 February 2009

Unsung: Lion O'Brien

It's been a while since I've featured a band since hearing them on Tom Robinson's show, but occasionally you hear a song that you immediately fall in love with. Well, that happened with This Life by Lion O'Brien. Sample lyrics:

"I've got a massive unpaid loan / and impending legal action

They might repossess my home / They might force my eviction

But I won't piss and moan / No Crying in the kitchen

'Coz I don't have no right to moan when I got this life"

All accompanied with a bouncy, pleasant out-looking melody. Just the sort of thing to pull you out of a bit of doom and gloom. With recessions and all that junk.

I have to be honest, listening to the rest of the myspace track listing, it's a real standout track. That's not to say that the other tracks aren't good, they're totally fine. Robot Love is different, I'd love to see it out of demo - and overall they are definitely, as Tom said, a real sing-a-long band. Just makes This Life all the better really...

No comments: